One of the things I love about God Conversations is how every Saturday we get to have a heart conversation about God and His impact on our lives. The past few weeks have seen me and my guests be so transparent and vulnerable.. something that I never thought that I would be able to do on a social media platform.
So, I invited my girl Carol Lobban for a chat and there was no surprise there, it was loaded full of some heavy stuff. Let me give you a quick summary before you catch the video.
Here are some of the gems from the sit-down…
- God uses your healed struggle(s) to help somebody else
- Having a big voice doesn’t mean anyone can hear it
- “My voice could never be heard because I always wanted it to sound like something else.” wow!!!!
- Give yourself permission to be brave… A lot of us don’t do that. We let our issues beat us down because we think we can’t get up from under it.
- When you hold on to things that are not for you, it’s worse than having nothing.
- Letting go is not the worst thing… It is a trust thing
- Being alone is a place of growth… To grow, you need fewer distractions. Some relationships are distractions.
- We’re afraid of being alone because we don’t know who we are.
- Someone else has gone through what you’re going through…we need more authentic/transparent Christianity!
- You can pray, hold the bible, AND go to therapy!!
- Understand what it means to be in a relationship with God…At a point, in her journey, God told her ‘because I’m in a relationship with you, there are certain things I won’t do because they hurt You.’ That is powerfully ‘freeing’, don’t you think?
Leave a Reply